Centreline Architecture is a partnership by design.
In 2007, partner Dan Guillemette started Centreline Architecture (formerly Centreline Design Inc.) offering custom residential designs. Under his leadership, the firm has since grown to include two new partners, providing clients with a full suite of architectural services.
From intimate residential projects to grand and visionary designs for northern Ontario and beyond, Centreline offers services including feasibility studies, realistic renderings, project management and master site planning.
We are a reliable, nimble and energetic team, and we take pride in building long-term relationships with our clients. In 2016, Centreline was awarded the Small Enterprise Award at the Sudbury Chamber of Commerce Bell Business Excellence Awards and was a finalist for Best Place to Work in 2019. We may be young, but we’re proving to be mighty and able.
We also know that the success of any small business is built on the strength of a vibrant community. Centreline is invested: we continue to give our time and resources to things including community gardens and local arts projects.
Centreline Architecture is seeking an Intern Architect to assist in developing architectural design services and solutions for Northern Ontario.
At Centreline Architecture, you’ll find:
• a friendly and collaborative work environment;
• participation in team and community building activities;
• competitive compensation and benefit packages;
• leaders who support your development;
• opportunities for growth and advancement;
• opportunities to make a lasting impact in the community;
• competitive salary reviewed annually.
• Master of Architecture, or equivalent;
• be eligible for licensing with OAA;
• Revit proficient;
• knowledge of architectural design principles and procedures and relevant building codes and jurisdictional requirements;
• successful demonstration of a collaborative teamwork approach and attitude;
• excellent oral and written communication skills;
• sound knowledge of MS Office and Revit with knowledge of AutoCAD among other types of graphic software such as Sketch Up;
• a bilingual candidate is appreciated though not a requirement.
• assist in the design, assembly, coordination and completion of Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents for clients, consultants and municipal authorities;
• coordinate the development of drawings and specifications for all disciplines;
• source materials to be used, drawn and specified to ensure feasibility, to meet the design intent and to comply with industry standards and insurer requirements;
• work closely with the project architect to ensure project deliverables are on time and within budget;
• maintain familiarity with current construction document delivery methods to sustain and improve technical skills.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here.
We ask you to send by email your resume, covering letter, and a portfolio or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.